Skip to main content

Introduction by Nate

Hello, I'm Nathan, a second-year student at ITB. I'm 20 years old and from Cavan. This blog post is about me and hobbies, aspirations etc. If you're reading this, then I'm surprised you want to go through such torture.

First of all, I really enjoyed CDM year 1. It was a great experience and felt it was fun and got to meet great people and do interesting things. I still can't get over the fact I'm in college or I even made it to the second year. Thought I would've had a mental breakdown at this point When doing the semester last year, I really enjoyed Storytelling and narrative. I find it fascinating to sit down and talk about films, I'm a bit of a movie buff so I did enjoy breaking them down and even tell a story or two.

Honestly my biggest accomplishment last semester was actually getting through to second year and hell, even surviving it knowing me. My goals for this module is to plan out and hopefully make a small film for our group project as its been something I wanted to do for a while. I want to try and get into more filmmaking and even look back and think, "wow I made a film, might be terrible but hey I still made one".

Well most of my break was quiet, did go to Paris for a week which was fun, got to see many great sights, enjoy the culture, was there for the World Cup so that was some good craic, though I had to be dragged out of Disneyland as I didn't want to leave and be an adult again, but then again that's me all the time really.

When it comes to favorite music, TV, and films, it's rather broad, I generally listen to some Muse or Queen and maybe some David Bowie.  For television, maybe Game of Thrones, I swear I only watch it for the story and action and nothing else. Maybe some Breaking Bad. For movies, I generally watch a broad selection, though if I was to choose a favorite, would have to be Star Wars, (If you know me then that's not very surprising, just ask one of my friends they'd see it as more of an obsession really). If I was to say the best movie I saw recently, it has to be hands down Star Wars The Last Jedi, no surprise.

For goals, only goals are to find my own place, graduate college and maybe work in a film studio or something. Sounds ambitious, I know but hey at least its worth a shot.

I do have a cat called Missie and a dog called Brian, they are cute but they are a handful, especially our dog.














I do have some favorite video games, Spiderman on the PlayStation 4 because I get to feel like Spiderman and its great fun, also saves me actually having to be bitten by a radioactive spider and try to swing from buildings, which I swear I haven't tried. Also, I enjoy some Metal Gear Solid as well.
Heres a link to my Favourite game blog post.

For favorite food, its got to be pizza. As for Hobbies, its mainly, movies, video games and collecting star wars stuff.

So that's it about me. Hope you enjoyed the tedious boredom of having to read this and I'm interested to see what others wrote for their introductions. Thanks For reading



Comments

  1. I love your cat so much, I can't even-I mean, ekhem, hiiiii, hiii. It's good to see you back in college, and we are even in the same group, fuuun. Im really looking forward to seeing your finished group project at the end of the year, I remember hearing your ideas and it sounded great. And somehow, I don't believe that you are watching GoT only for the mentioned things, hmm... Anyway, byeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan, my son, finally got to read your introduction. We all know why you watch game of thrones *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*. Didn't know you watch Breaking Bad, I only watched like two episodes of it, really need to get back into it. Glad to see you're enjoying the new Spider-Man, Insominac finally did the character justice. Anyway really enjoyed your blog, can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nathan!,
    I really enjoyed reading your introduction blog post. I fount it to be very interesting to discover more about you. Your dog is so cute! What breed is it? it looks awfully similar to my dog. I found your blog to be really interesting and fascinating too! I can't wait to read more of your blog posts. Anyways, great blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nathan, I really enjoyed storytelling and Narrative too! I've never looked into stories that much, ! I learnt a lot. I'd say Paris was fun! I've never been to Disneyland but it's on my bucket list! Heard its amazing! Good luck with your film! Your dog is so cute! I love his name!! nice to get to know you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nathan,
    I love you cat and dog, its so cute that the dogs name is Brian thats brilliant. Paris is amazing especially Disneyland its so much fun its a place that I think everyone should visit at least once in their lives. I'm glad to hear that you are getting on well in Itb was great to read your blog !!! Goodluck with the rest of the year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nathan! Great introduction to you as a person you included a lot of detail in this post. I agree with the mental breakdowns I'm not really sure how I got here either! I also agree that first year was great, second year is like a completely different course. Paris sounds amazing I'm sure you had a great time. Disneyland is the place of happiness I don't blame you not wanting to leave, you should've hid in the park. Brian is a great name for a dog, I love animals that have human names . I actually know a hedgehog named Phil. He's great. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nathan, I have to say I also really enjoyed storytelling, it was great to be able to express your creative side with a story based driven narrative, I have to say also you pets are adorable especially your cat! I’m a big lover of animals myself epically cats xD
    Film making is a big passion to have, I myself have been enjoying making videos for a long time before I ever came to the college, so I have to say best of luck with it all and hope year 2 goes well for you, great introduction post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Vision Statement

Megaman style gameplay link:  Link to image The genre of game I was thinking of doing was a retro style platformer in the same vein as Mario or Mega Man. What I mean by that is the game will be a side-scroller with enemies and possibly bosses at the end, finding collectables and use power-ups. The gameplay will take a healthy mix of Mario and Mega Man. The gameplay will take the style of attacking and powerups and consumables like Mega Man with the simplistic and casual fun Mario provides. It's challenging but not annoying or frustrating to the point of forcing the player to quit.

Final GDD

This blog post is about my final GDD for my game. This will help me plan out my game and know what I need to implement it. Here is the link to my  GDD on Dundoc