Skip to main content

Game Design Document

I am part of the Chris Carneys and James Reynolds team for the game, the game is a 3D experience of 1916 Rising. We are going to recreate Dublin from references.

Description of the Game:

"You play as Micahel “Foggy” Fogarty, a 16-year-old boy who after witnessing the murder of his father joins the Irish Republican Brotherhood. Foggy travels with his division to Dublin, Easter weekend in 1916 to take part in the Rising and is tasked with passing messages from the GPO to other key locations the IRB and Civilian Army holds."

My role in the production of this game is GDA Creator, I work with the writer and team leader to create a GDA to help out other teams and to help the writer sort out the story, names and characters.


Here is a video of the GDD:



(NOTE: The GDD in the video was created and provided by Chris Carney and James Reynolds to the group, I did not create it nor do I take credit for its creation or the ideas in it)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction by Nate

Hello, I'm Nathan, a second-year student at ITB. I'm 20 years old and from Cavan. This blog post is about me and hobbies, aspirations etc. If you're reading this, then I'm surprised you want to go through such torture. First of all, I really enjoyed CDM year 1. It was a great experience and felt it was fun and got to meet great people and do interesting things. I still can't get over the fact I'm in college or I even made it to the second year. Thought I would've had a mental breakdown at this point When doing the semester last year, I really enjoyed Storytelling and narrative. I find it fascinating to sit down and talk about films, I'm a bit of a movie buff so I did enjoy breaking them down and even tell a story or two. Honestly my biggest accomplishment last semester was actually getting through to second year and hell, even surviving it knowing me. My goals for this module is to plan out and hopefully make a small film for our group project as its

Game Vision Statement

Megaman style gameplay link:  Link to image The genre of game I was thinking of doing was a retro style platformer in the same vein as Mario or Mega Man. What I mean by that is the game will be a side-scroller with enemies and possibly bosses at the end, finding collectables and use power-ups. The gameplay will take a healthy mix of Mario and Mega Man. The gameplay will take the style of attacking and powerups and consumables like Mega Man with the simplistic and casual fun Mario provides. It's challenging but not annoying or frustrating to the point of forcing the player to quit.

Final GDD

This blog post is about my final GDD for my game. This will help me plan out my game and know what I need to implement it. Here is the link to my  GDD on Dundoc