Skip to main content

Final GDD

In this blog post, I will be discussing my role within the 19Sixteen Group and what I have contributed. On Wednesday, the group had a meeting where we discussed different things about the project and how we would approach them. Many roles were changed, especially mine. My role was changed from working on the GDA to asset collection. Due to the change in roles, I now have two new team members who I will be working with on asset collection and management.

The main role I'll be playing is to find assets that will help us develop the game and build the level which is set in Dublin during the 1916 Easter Rising. For the assets, we had to make sure many of the props, buildings, weapons and soldiers were accurate to the period and suited the setting. Finding assets that would suit the time period and be accurate to 20th Century Architecture, World War 1 uniforms and weaponry were quite limited and the very few assets we found in relation to weaponry were actually free and some costed money. So if we do need those assets, we may need a budget to acquire them. For certain assets relating to scenery and props like boxes, benches and different assets that could be useful to the level. Most of them are free but some do require a small payment to use. Another member of the group did a lot of research and found a lot of assets before I even joined the Asset Management group, so my work is rather limited but I still tried to find any assets relating to WW1 or early 20th century.

This post isn't the full GDD but explaining my role, the full GDD can be found below.
LINK TO GDD: https://vimeo.com/325028075


List of Assets I found:

Pay:

WW1Rifle:

WW1 Pack:


Both:

List of Props-Free & Pay:


Free:

WW2 Grenades:
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/props/guns/pbr-weapons-world-war-ii-german-grenade-65024

(NOTE: you will have to copy and paste the links into the search bar)


 Research:



*Weaponry used in the 1916 Rising*
Source: Googe Images




*Uniforms worn by the Irish Volunteers in the 1916 Rising*
Source: Google Images


*The GPO and devastation in Dublin*
Source Google Images



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction by Nate

Hello, I'm Nathan, a second-year student at ITB. I'm 20 years old and from Cavan. This blog post is about me and hobbies, aspirations etc. If you're reading this, then I'm surprised you want to go through such torture. First of all, I really enjoyed CDM year 1. It was a great experience and felt it was fun and got to meet great people and do interesting things. I still can't get over the fact I'm in college or I even made it to the second year. Thought I would've had a mental breakdown at this point When doing the semester last year, I really enjoyed Storytelling and narrative. I find it fascinating to sit down and talk about films, I'm a bit of a movie buff so I did enjoy breaking them down and even tell a story or two. Honestly my biggest accomplishment last semester was actually getting through to second year and hell, even surviving it knowing me. My goals for this module is to plan out and hopefully make a small film for our group project as its

Game Vision Statement

Megaman style gameplay link:  Link to image The genre of game I was thinking of doing was a retro style platformer in the same vein as Mario or Mega Man. What I mean by that is the game will be a side-scroller with enemies and possibly bosses at the end, finding collectables and use power-ups. The gameplay will take a healthy mix of Mario and Mega Man. The gameplay will take the style of attacking and powerups and consumables like Mega Man with the simplistic and casual fun Mario provides. It's challenging but not annoying or frustrating to the point of forcing the player to quit.

Final GDD

This blog post is about my final GDD for my game. This will help me plan out my game and know what I need to implement it. Here is the link to my  GDD on Dundoc