Skip to main content

Feedback Thoughts


I have read two rather interesting articles for this blog, they all relate to feedback and learning about it, these articles deal with negativity and self doubt. 

The first one I read was, Seven ways to crush self-doubt in creative work. 


This article is rather useful and informative, as it should be. It goes through different things that people feel when it comes to self doubt and it explains how to deal with them and what they are about. For instance, it makes the point to not compare yourself to others, it creates unnecessary competition and is just an issue you'll create yourself, you will lose a sense of community with others in your field It also means you over work yourself to become "perfect".

That article goes through other points like, being vulnerable to a trusted community, embracing a growth mindset as it helps you see mistakes and grow from the. Another point thats good is try and be experimental with your work and setting goals within reason and in your skill set. The article is rather interesting and I highly recommend a read.



The second article I read was, How to Get Past Negativity Bias in Order to Hardwire Positive Experiences.

When reading this article, it talks about the Negativity Bias, this is something I have heard of before, its even when you experience a thing, even if two things equal are of equal intensity, the negative one stands out more to us than the positive and I can relate to this. We all have bad experiences and they leave us with a bad impression or experience and no matter how much positivity happens, we still remember the negative moment the most as it effects us more. The article tries to offer solutions to this issue and help us to try and think more positive and even try to surround ourselves with more positivity and try to link a positive with a negative one and try to keep the positive one in the foreground. In short try to balance the good and bad.






 Image source 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction by Nate

Hello, I'm Nathan, a second-year student at ITB. I'm 20 years old and from Cavan. This blog post is about me and hobbies, aspirations etc. If you're reading this, then I'm surprised you want to go through such torture. First of all, I really enjoyed CDM year 1. It was a great experience and felt it was fun and got to meet great people and do interesting things. I still can't get over the fact I'm in college or I even made it to the second year. Thought I would've had a mental breakdown at this point When doing the semester last year, I really enjoyed Storytelling and narrative. I find it fascinating to sit down and talk about films, I'm a bit of a movie buff so I did enjoy breaking them down and even tell a story or two. Honestly my biggest accomplishment last semester was actually getting through to second year and hell, even surviving it knowing me. My goals for this module is to plan out and hopefully make a small film for our group project as its

Game Vision Statement

Megaman style gameplay link:  Link to image The genre of game I was thinking of doing was a retro style platformer in the same vein as Mario or Mega Man. What I mean by that is the game will be a side-scroller with enemies and possibly bosses at the end, finding collectables and use power-ups. The gameplay will take a healthy mix of Mario and Mega Man. The gameplay will take the style of attacking and powerups and consumables like Mega Man with the simplistic and casual fun Mario provides. It's challenging but not annoying or frustrating to the point of forcing the player to quit.

Final GDD

This blog post is about my final GDD for my game. This will help me plan out my game and know what I need to implement it. Here is the link to my  GDD on Dundoc