Skip to main content

Unity Tutorial 05

For this weeks Unity tutorials, I had to watch two videos. The first video was learning how to add a dynamic HUD in unity. The video's length was just over 20 minutes and the tutorial proved useful. It showed how to look at an object and pick it up, using extra cursors and working on the game's script helps achieve this, using Microsoft Visual studios and programming it using code. The code will help implement the feature of picking up the gem in the game and the sound is triggered as this is done.


In this next tutorial, I learned how to add more environment to a project and creating a weapon with animation as well. Firstly I downloaded an asset which was a fence and then added it into unity by dragging and dropping it in, changing the size and making it look good within the engine. Then a box collider is added to the fence. Then a texture is added to the fence to make it look better within the game. Now I have to add the weapon, an axe to be specific. I downloaded it and it is in the assets folder. Then I add the axe to the first person controller, I have to resize it to make it in scale. I move the axe around to try and make it sit more naturally when used by the player in the first person. After that, I learned how to add a swinging animation for the axe when it is used in the game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction by Nate

Hello, I'm Nathan, a second-year student at ITB. I'm 20 years old and from Cavan. This blog post is about me and hobbies, aspirations etc. If you're reading this, then I'm surprised you want to go through such torture. First of all, I really enjoyed CDM year 1. It was a great experience and felt it was fun and got to meet great people and do interesting things. I still can't get over the fact I'm in college or I even made it to the second year. Thought I would've had a mental breakdown at this point When doing the semester last year, I really enjoyed Storytelling and narrative. I find it fascinating to sit down and talk about films, I'm a bit of a movie buff so I did enjoy breaking them down and even tell a story or two. Honestly my biggest accomplishment last semester was actually getting through to second year and hell, even surviving it knowing me. My goals for this module is to plan out and hopefully make a small film for our group project as its

Game Vision Statement

Megaman style gameplay link:  Link to image The genre of game I was thinking of doing was a retro style platformer in the same vein as Mario or Mega Man. What I mean by that is the game will be a side-scroller with enemies and possibly bosses at the end, finding collectables and use power-ups. The gameplay will take a healthy mix of Mario and Mega Man. The gameplay will take the style of attacking and powerups and consumables like Mega Man with the simplistic and casual fun Mario provides. It's challenging but not annoying or frustrating to the point of forcing the player to quit.

Final GDD

This blog post is about my final GDD for my game. This will help me plan out my game and know what I need to implement it. Here is the link to my  GDD on Dundoc